Job Opening: Senior UX Developer
Reporting To: UX Manager
Job Location: Columbia, MO 65203
If you have a passion for UX Development, MidwayUSA, a three-time Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award winner and industry-leading internet retailer of shooting, hunting, and outdoor products could be a perfect fit. MidwayUSA is actively interviewing candidates for the position of Senior UX Developer. We are looking for a talented, experienced Senior UX Developer excited to build features as part of a collaborative team of developers and designers focused on a Customer-first experience in a fast-paced environment while still respecting your work/life balance. As a Senior UX Developer, you will be responsible for UI/UX research, design, and development, contributing to and maintaining our Style Guide, and working with web developers to build mobile-first, data-driven web pages, and applications.
- Passion for front-end development
- Desire to design in a way that creates a useful and compelling experience for our Customers
- Working on or have a bachelor’s degree or related work experience
- Demonstrated ability to work through complicated user scenarios and business problems
- Strong understanding of layout, typography, color, and design principles
- Team player with strong communication and collaboration skills who loves to get things done
Bonus points for:
- You have experience working in an Agile environment
- You love to learn and collaborate with a team
- You are passionate about shooting, hunting, or fishing
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with a team to build a dynamic, efficient, performant, and industry-leading eCommerce site
- Collaborate with your team and members of the department to share knowledge, author, and review code, monitor the site, and triage production issues on a rotational basis
- Gain professional experience with front-end programming languages
- Deliver impactful solutions for our Customers at scale and design with accessibility in mind
What We Offer
- Annual Salary Range (commensurate with experience): $77,000-$89,000 with annual benchmarking and pay increases to always ensure a competitive salary
- Personal growth through a management relationship prioritizing support, empathy, clearly communicated expectations, and consistent modeling of Company Values
- Promote from Within Strategy
- Generous Annual profit sharing
- Matching 401(k)
- Flexible PTO policy and paid parental leave
- Excellent choice of health plans (including HSA), dental, and vision benefit options at an affordable price
- Life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance options
- Tuition assistance program
- Learning subscriptions to Frontend Masters, Pluralsight and others with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Opportunities for career, leadership, and professional development with conferences, events, and seminars
- Supplier pro-deals and generous employee discounts
MidwayUSA, located in Columbia, MO, is an industry-leading internet retailer of over 200,000 shooting, reloading, gunsmithing, and hunting products. Both country kids from Missouri, Larry and Brenda Potterfield turned their passion for shooting sports into a career by opening a small gun shop in 1977 that would eventually become MidwayUSA (www.midwayusa.com). They instilled family values like honesty, integrity, and respect for others into the business, and strive to maintain this culture with each Employee added to their growing team. For over 45 years, MidwayUSA has offered JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING® for Shooting, Hunting, Fishing, and the Outdoors with an unyielding focus on Customer Satisfaction.
MidwayUSA is one of only two organizations to be a three-time recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award
MidwayUSA believes working in the office is the best way to promote teamwork, but we understand life can be complicated sometimes so we’ve created a flexible work-from-home policy should the need occasionally arise.
MidwayUSA requires all candidates post-offer to submit to a background check and drug screening as a condition of employment.
MidwayUSA is a tobacco & smoke-free campus.
Along with a competitive salary, MidwayUSA offers Employees great benefits, which include several medical insurance options, dental and vision insurance, profit-sharing, matching 401k, a tuition allowance program, and generous PTO and Holidays!
If you’re excited by new technologies and outpacing competitors, a self-starter that can get things done, and a change-maker that will help take MidwayUSA to the next level,APPLY HERE today!