College Station, TX (October 1, 2021) – With plans for rapid expansion and growth through acquisition, Horizon Firearms and iota Outdoors is seeking to fill the role of President. This role would work alongside the company founder, Derrick Ratliff, and report to the parent company COO.
As the search to fill the role continues, Ratliff, founder and current president, prepares to shift his role within the organization to focus on sales, marketing, and product development.
“I am really excited about all the new opportunities in front of us,” Ratliff comments. “We are looking for another A-player that’s strong in finance and operations and can be my counterpart to help us continue on our path of growth and expansion.”
The ideal candidate for this role is an outdoor industry veteran with a strong operations and finance background and a proven track record of scaling a business to support more than five times its current revenue within two years. They are a LEAN leader and not only sees the benefits of kaizens, PDCA, and other LEAN principles but lives it every day and champions LEAN thinking across the organization.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, please read the full job description below then email your resume and cover letter to careers [at] horizonfirearms.com. All inquiries will remain strictly confidential.
The President deploys operational systems and processes, makes risk/reward decisions, effectively communicates the strategies & tactics that result in dramatic growth in revenue and profits for Horizon Firearms and iota Outdoors.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Plan, develop, implement, and lead the organization’s operational systems and processes.
- Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds and investments.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism, which includes a minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Participates in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Travel up to 25% may be required.
- All other duties assigned by the Board.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken formats
- Ability to lead people through effective communication, coaching, training, and development
- Strong analytical ability
- Exceptional versatility and agility
- A quick and constant learner
- Masters degree plus 10 years of managerial experience OR Bachelors Degree plus 12 years managerial experience required.
- Fluent with Google Business Applications (Docs, Sheets, Slides), MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.), and accounting ERP software systems required.
- Must agree to and sign non-compete and non-disclosure agreements.
- Must possess a 5-year driving record with clear history for the past three years.
- Standing, walking, and sitting required up to 10 hours per day (67-100%)
- Hand and foot usage required up to 10 hours per day (67-100%)
- Climbing, reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and twisting required occasionally (33-66%)
- Lifting and moving up to 50+ pounds (0-33%)
Work Environment (This position requires that the employee be able to work in and around the following elements):
- Indoors and Outdoors
- Loud Environments
- Extreme heat or cold (weather-related)
- Wet or humid conditions (weather-related)
- Fumes from equipment or airborne particles
About Horizon Firearms:
Founded in 2012, Horizon Firearms manufactures custom long-range, bolt-action rifles that are assembled from the finest components, perfected by hand and guaranteed to shoot .5 MOA. iota Outdoors, introduced in early 2016, produces rifle and shooting accessories designed with detail and precision in mind. Products include patented anti-cant scope mount rings and composite rifle stocks.
Horizon Firearms and iota are subsidiaries of Kaspar Companies. A fifth-generation family business headquartered in Shiner, Texas, Kaspar Companies has evolved and expanded into diverse industries while remaining grounded in the founding principles of quality American workmanship and honest business practices. Other subsidiaries of Kaspar Companies include Bedrock Truck beds, Kaspar Wire works, Texas Ammo, and Texas Precious Metals.